EL PINTOR IS A COLLECTION OF AUTHOR AGAVE SPIRITS. MASTERFULLY CRAFTED BY THE SECOND CERTIFIED MAESTRO TEQUILERO IN THE WORLD : GUILLERMO BARROSO. WE WANT TO BRING TRULY EXCEPTIONAL AGAVE SPIRITS, WHICH HAVE A HIGH DEGREE OF COMPLEXITY, THAT WILL ABSOLUTELY ENHANCE ALL AGAVE LOVERS EXPERIENCE
This is a lowland tequila with much minerality. Guillermo uses a unique process after brick oven cooking the agave to crush ~25% using tahona method and the other 75% via mechanical mill with centrifugal force to avoid ripping the agave which can happen in a standard mill. Fermentation is done in a single tank by batch without temperature control, inoculated with both indigenous yeast from the air and with a swab of the production agave after harvest; lasting three days and with the bagasse, or leftover agave fibers, from the tahona mill crushed agave included.
An ensamble bringing together agaves not traditionally blended together because of regional availability. The blend is 55% 8-year old Espadin from Yautepec and 45% 15-year old wild cuishe from Miahuatlán, both in Oaxaca. Made using traditional methods, cooked in earthen pit, naturally fermenting using indigenous yeast that the air brings into the palenque, mashed using a tahona mill, then distilled twice in artisanal made copper pot stills. The taste profile brings together the aromas of where those agaves were born.